Monday, February 8, 2010

My Savings: $10k in '10


My blog is a nice way for me to track my own personal savings. I tried to keep my receipts for each month, but they always get lost in the abyss of my desk. I tried keeping a spreadsheet, but well, it just didn't work. Instead I like to try to do a weekly post of my savings.

I can tell you that in Jan. '10 that I saved $800 on the nose. All of that was at Publix. (Not too bad, although my personal goal is to start saving $1,000.00 per month.) So I'm going to be spring boarding from that.

My 2/7 Publix trip:
I got $131 worth of groceries for $50. Roughly $35 of that $50 though was spent on items that I wouldn't normally buy. But I have several birthday parties coming up, a Valentine's party, it's dinner/game night this week at my house with friends, and I picked up a few things to donate to my church for an upcoming BBQ. So this week so took advantage of some sales to stock up on things that we'll need (plates, napkins, hot dogs, etc to help keep party costs down). That leaves about $15 that I had to spend on our actual groceries. That's the type of week I like!

Now you may have noticed my title: "$10k in '10". My couponing journey began in March 2009. For those 9 months in 2009 I saved just over $6,000.00! I have decided that my goal this year is to save $10,000.00 in 2010! I'm on my way with $892.00 in savings so far. In fact, as I'm writing this, I've just decided I'm going to make a little button to keep on one of my sidebars that I will update with my savings. That will be fun! ;)

Feel free to include your savings from the week in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment