Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tackle It Thursday


Today on my Tackle It Thursday I have something that is very hard for me to accomplish. Very hard. A little back story: Yesterday my body was working against me. First I had some kind of choking fit. It was really scary. I mean I've choked before, but this was way worse. I'll spare you the gross details, but by the time it was over my abs and ribs were sore and hurting. My voice was a little deeper and raspier. Second, last night I realized I was coming down with mastitis (simply put: an infection of the breast of breastfeeding moms). I started taking an onslaught of things to help stop it, or at least prevent it from becoming full blown mastitis.

Today, my throat is really raw and my voice sounds so funny. It would be almost cute if it didn't hurt so much. That's less of an issue for me though. It does seem that I was able to prevent full blown mastitis, which is good. If you haven't had it before - compare it to the worst kind of flu. With 3 kiddos I just don't have time to be taken out like that. Which is why #1 on my list today is going to be so hard....

  1. Rest. Lots and lots of rest.
  2. Make Valentine's Day boxes for the girls to receive their Valentine's in for tomorrows party.
  3. Help the girls fill out their Valentine's for the party.
  4. Work on details of my 2nd daughters birthday party.
That's it. I'm keeping it simple today. But that rest part... that's going to be hard!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting your rest! That is always the hardest part for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I am feeling *much* better. I was able to stop the mastitis before it became full blown since I caught it early enough (thank goodness).

    My throat is pretty sore, but it'll be ok.

    :)

    ReplyDelete